[ST] Fabulous Roads--California

Just got back from a trip to the superbike races at Laguna Seca --- aside
from the fabulous racing, I thought I'd pass on a great find.  Maybe some
of the STers in California know of some/many of these roads but I'd
recommend ANYONE who wants a grin plastered across their face for hours on
end to go to www.madmaps.com .  I ordered the "Wine Country/Northern
California" map (they have several others including So. Cal., and San
Francisco Bay area).  I spent 3 days on some of the most amazing roads,
including a section the locals call "The Race Track" (out to Stewart's
Point).  These maps were written by motorcyclists for motorcyclists and
include all sorts of important info including biker friendly
establishments, places to watch for smokey and his radar, towns where there
is no gas, etc, etc.  I've been to California and ridden Highway 1 many
times, but this map made this most recent trip the most memorable by far.

Its also somewhat shocking to realize what it's like to ride around in
Denver and the mountains at 5000+ feet, and then drop down to sea level ---
I thought someone had slipped a can of nitrox into the bike -- what a rush
from that extra oxygen at sea level!

Lance La Certe, Denver, CO   '99 ST