Warning on Frame Sliders, was RE: [ST] Another plug for Skyking P

roducts.

After my gravity storm in March, I was going to get frame sliders as part of
the repair/service effort.  Fortunately/unfortunately, the dealership forgot
to order them (fortunate 'cause I was running out of dough!).  When the
subject came up, Mickey told me that the sliders are all fine and dandy when
you have a very low speed drop.  However, as the speed goes up, the sliders
can end up causing MORE damage because they're attached to the engine cases,

I don't know for sure if this is true for all sliders, any sliders, or just
some sliders, but more investigation into the subject is warranted.  How do
sliders change the damage equation in 20,30,40 or faster lowsides?

John S., aka "BikerDawg"
'00 Sprint RS - Atomic Orange