Re: [ST] "You meet the nicest people..."

> able to demo a couple of bikes. First was the Triumph TT600.
>>> First impression: this thing is a slug. I imagine that after
>>> some miles I would find where the engine is at its happiest; I
>>> suspect that it is up around 8K.
>>>

>> No wonder you thought it was a dog! It's more like over 12K
>> that a 600 like that is going to begin to get it on. Definately
>> not for those of us who don't like shifting a lot.
>

> I know this is going to be dangerous, but, just because you have
> to get up a bit higher in the rev range, does not make a bike
> less fun. If I have the money, I would most definately have a
> cruiser and a 954/R1/GSXR1000 sitting beside the ST and WR. (hey
> I could order them with number of cylinders :-) It just so
> happens that at current the ST and WR suit me the best for 85%
> of my riding. And the ST does well enough for the other 15%
>
> Our bikes are fast, but, nothing, I mean nothing can replace the
> feeling when a modern day 4 cylinder, short stroke gets it on.
> Of course I have yet to ride a new Daytona, so the jury is still
> out on it. Torque is good for touring and moderately agressive
> twisties, but for all out kick in the ass, you want horse power.

Actually, I have to agree with you. Triumph Demo truck was in Milwaukee
this weekend and I gave the TT a try myself (They weren't letting
anybody ride the Speed 4 for some reason) That is a seriously fun little
bike. When that power does come in and the motor is snarling and
screaming under your chin, and time all the sudden gets compressed and
there's redline already, Oh crap, I'm gonna rear-end this dude!

So, yeah, my next bike might have 4 cylinders.

- -danch ('01 BRG)