Re: [ST] Race Tech springs

>Those of you that have done the Race Tech spring and
>emulator upgrade, did you also go with their inner
>and outer fork bushings?

No.  I spoke to Race Tech about it and they told me that unless I was
dismantling the forks completely, this was not necessary.

BTW - the instructions on the ST home page for this install were extremely
helpful.  Drilling the holes in the damping rod was not difficult at all.
I didn't even use a drill press - I started with a small hole, and then
went to the big drill bit.  Overall the process was quite simple.  It took
me a couple tries to get one of the damping rod bolts to catch threads
during the reassembly, but that's about it.

The upgrade was well worth the $250.  The front end does not dive as much
under hard braking, and feel is much improved.  The bike just feels more
taught through corners.  While you're at it, drop the fork tubes in the
triples.  I dropped them 5mm, and wish I had done 8mm.  Turn in is much
quicker now, and I'm not getting as much front end side-to-side wallowing
as I was before (for example, when following a semi before, the front end
exhibited tank-slap like tendencies, although on a very minor scale).

Hope this helps.

Tad Gralewski   tad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01 Triumph Sprint ST - Allison
95 ST1100 - STress-Reliever  STOC #1539
01 Kawasaki KLR 650
93 CBR1000F - The Black Whale - R.I.P. (rebuild in progress)
http://tad.gralewski.com
The best things in life that you find are
those things you never went looking for. - RTG

End of st-digest V2002 #410