Re: [ST] weird throttle happenings!

It's probably your wiring harness. Some early '99s had a problem with
how the wiring harness was attached or tied down near the headstock
and after awhile the binding would cause the wires to break. Someone
who had the problem can probably provide a better description.

It is a known problem and there might have even been a recall for it.
Check with your dealer and even though your bike is out of warranty,
if that is the problem they should cover it.

>I have a 99 ST with about 35,000Km on it and have never had a
>problem. However this morning I rode to work and found that when I
>turned the bars to the right (to manouvre or turn the 'engine
>management' and 'fuel' lights came on and the engine cut.

- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://members.cox.net/aestheticdesign
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned