[ST] engine cutting out when bars turned right

In a message dated 7/23/02 9:58:11 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
I have a 99 ST with about 35,000Km on it and have never had a problem.
However this morning I rode to work and found that when I turned the
bars to the right (to manouvre or turn the 'engine management' and
'fuel' lights came on and the engine cut.  On one occasion this caused
me to be stuck in the middle of the road whilst turning right.  I didn't
appreciate it >>

Try twitching the wires to the ignition switch-there is probably not enough
slack in them between the ignition switch and the place where the wires are
secured to the front fairing (cockpit) stay by a zip tie. This has been
discusssed  on the list about 2 yrs ago. If that is the problem (happened to
me, as I did not understand the discussion) you will need a new switch-be
sure there is lots of slack in the wires. Dave Collins, San Diego