[ST] RE: Chepstow Rally

> Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:38:08 -0700 (PDT)
> Mike Bostock has uploaded the following file for you to view
>
> The second from the Wales and SW ST Riders all time biggest
> gathering of 12 STs 1 RS and a Daytona. Again at Monmouth and
> taken by Stuart and although initially cluttered in appearance
> does have a lot of interesting features.  The flowers in the
> foreground, the bikes in the middle and the old guy on a classic
> (is it a Norton?), the dominance of the statue and The Punch
> House in the background has a lot of artistic merit.
> URL :-
> http://www.triumphnet.com/st/upload/SWeST2.jpg

Mike,

Excellent work on publishing the rally. I fear that the UK and US versions
of Torque have different copy though. We didn't see the results of the photo
contest here, did we?

Not a Norton in pic #2, but unless I'm very much mistaken, a Matchless G2CSR
(250cc)... I (just about) remember riding one of these ~:(  Nice to see some
justification (far right) for the vast sum my barber relieves me of each
month ~:)

Note the front brake of the Matchless... It must've come from 'Drumworld'.

[I was disappointed to hear Terry speak on Radio 4 recently. The wit was in
evidence, but the voice was all wrong and he thpoke with a lithp...]

> Yet again at Monmouth and
> taken by me illustrates the strength of the line of neo-phallic
> upright posts combined with aggressive masculine lines of the
> front of the STs aligned with these symbols of fertility and just
> \'shouts\' POWER.

Don't give up the day job, Mike (despite recent revelations). There'll
always be a career in dentistry with teeth like mine around ~:)

Regards,
- --
BRG
mailto:keith.tynan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx