Re: [ST] Remus Exhaust Ride Report

On 7/23/02 11:46 PM, "Forrest C." <forrestc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> You are correct, I ordered the Genesis about 5 weeks ago and have ridden
> with it for the last month. The cheapest price for the Genesis in Titanium
> is the $440 (or near that price) from CarboTex - their price includes the
> $99 adapter that MaxMoto charges for (MotoMax total is closer to $500+).
>
> You're also correct that I promised a post-install report, and have yet to
> deliver :) I don't have a digital camera, but if the weather holds, I am
> riding to work tomorrow and will use my co-workers pocketpc to take some
> pics of the pipe on the bike. Also, I should be able to catch some sound
> files with the laptop. I'm not sure if those will do you any good, as the pc
> microphone tends to be a bit limited.

Up for a ride to Scottsdale? I've got a great digicam, and you wouldn't have
to worry about the .wav file, 'cause I could hear it first hand. Just a
thought. Thanks for the response. Just about what I might have expected, and
just about what I was hoping for. I think I can relate to your sound
description. I'm looking for something more triple unique rather than the
Jap 4 "zippy" sound - something appropriate for a "Gentleman's Express". The
only part that I'm not crazy about is the riveted on Remus logo. Maybe I'll
like it better once I see it in person, but I still think that I'd prefer
the no logo or decal look of the plain brushed finish Ti. Thanks again.
Please let us know if you are able to post pics and/or a .wav file. Looking
forward to it.

Dennis
Scottsdale, AZ
'00 RS, miss me yellow