[ST] Scottoiler

In a message dated 7/27/02 9:58:09 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I have recently purchased a Scottoiler which I plan to fit this weekend to
> my RS, can anyone offer any hints & tips on where to put the RMV and how
> easy (or not) it is to fit.

I mounted the resevoir just in front of the left edge of the licence plate
using 2 zip ties, which I passed through 2 small (about 1/8") holes that I
drilled in the rear fender (mudguard) The resevoir is thus visible at all
times for easy checking of level, and filling. It is important to have the
outlet tube of the oiler drip on the outside of the chain about 1/2" behind
where it meets the rear sprocket to minimize splashing  to the brake disc,
which is only 4" away. As the instructions point out, the oil will pass
towards the inner side of the chain by capillary action. I think having the
disc that close to the rear sprocket is a design error inherent in the
single-sided swing arm, as some oil inevitably gets to the disc, no matter
what kind  or method of lubrication is used. Dave Collins, San Diego