[ST] ignition wire

In a message dated 7/28/02 9:57:17 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Thanks a bunch to everyone who gave me suggestions as to the problem I
had with my 'throttle' cutting out..   It turned out to be that a wire
had come adrift from the bottom of the ignition switch.  It had been
soldered into a small hole in the ignition switch but there was no sign
of solder in that hole. Obviously a poor job from the factory.  Anyway
it took nearly three years to fail!   All fixed now and we're back in
love again!  ;-)

Ta, y'all

Tux >>
Be sure there is enough slack in the wires coming from the ignition switch
and the zip tie tethering them to the front fairing support. Probably best to
remove that zip tie entirely and leave it off, or if you want to apply a new
one, pull all the redundant wire up that you can before applying a new zip.
Dave Collins, San Diego

End of st-digest V2002 #423