Re: [ST] Scottoiler

If u don't have the excellent touring version which fits behind the number
plate (although stops the illumination of same at night), then I have fitted
my standard RMV vertically, alongside the rear brake master cylinder, using
the clutch brackets supplied with the oiler.  A bit fiddly, but once in
situ, it is easy to see the level, adjust the flow and refill when
required(which u will need to do regularly as temperatures change).  One
tip, never let your RMV run dry as u have to bleed the system through again.
The tube follows the rear brake fluid tube around the rear shock and through
the chainguard hollow where it emerges at the rear of the bike, over the
chain and then down the hidden side of the alloy foot / chain protector
thingy where it is secured by a small black plastic tie at the top and then
the delivery tubing is secured by one of the screw bolts on the alloy foot /
chain protector thingy where u can easily adjust the final delivery angle,
take BRGs advice as to how to place the end of the tube against the rear
sprocket.   By running the tube in the manner described above it is out of
sight from the time it leaves the oiler until it re-emerges at the bottom of
the AFC thingy.   The breather / priming tube, I tuck upwards from the RMV
under the side panel where I can just pull it down if necessary and enjoys
clean air away from any grime.

My dealer fitted the RMV on it's side on the rear subframe under the side
fairing but this proved to be inaccessible and ridiculous to refill, also
the delivery tube kept getting trapped between various objects.  When
looking at other suitable places, there are plenty of bolts and things near
or on the engine but these may not be a good idea due to the heat from the
engine thinning the oil.  Hence my choice by the rear brake master cylinder.

I don't get the crud that Blake mentioned, I don't know if this is due to
different huggers or perhaps the Triumph heel guard that I have fitted to
protect the Brake master cylinder.

Hope this helps
Phil "Black Dawg" Guy