RE: [ST] Tire Sources

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Chris wrote:

>> Has anyone used any of the online or catalog order place to
>> get tires instead of from the dealer? My dealer wants right
>> about $260 for the Avon 35/36 tires for the bike. And looking
>> through some of the places I have seen, tires in that catagory
>> (Bridgestone 010, Avon, etc) all run about $90 for the front
>> and $100 for the rear. That is a saving of about $70 total -
>> which would about cover mounting and balancing. Now, I would
>> assume that shipping is not included, but there has still got
>> to be a saving there.
>
> There's too much math in there and too much work for too little
> savings. Get

<cough(bush shit)cough> in the greatest National Lampoons
tradition.

$70 is $70, and frankly going to a smaller place to get them
mounted tends to be quicker as well.

> 'em from your dealer. Providing they're a good dealer, it'll be
> done right

We don't want to start that thread again, no do we. Oh wait, you
qualified it with good dealer, sorry :-)

> and you'll be helping keep them around. How much is that worth?

Honestly, I am up for that, but tell me this, why can't they
give decent prices. Maybe people who one have but one addiction
to feed have no problem paying MSRP for everything, but
personally I have 3 or 4 addictions to feed and can not afford
it.

But then again, I like wrenching, even on older GM products :-)

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500