Re: [ST] size of top box capacity in dimensions?

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 08:30:49PM -0400, Charlie McCullough wrote:

> I can find reference to total volume (in liters) of the Triumph top box but
> having trouble finding maximum dimensions (Height, width, length in inches)
> of top box capacity. Anyone know what is maxiumum size of a box
> (square/rectangular) that would fit in a top box......??

Roughly and at the narrowest points (hard to measure because it's not
square and height clearance is hard to determine with the box closed :b)
18" x 12" x 12".  In other words: friggin' huge!

I've put 2 full face helmets in there.  Also, a 24pack of 12oz cans
(like 4 six packs together in a cardboard base, a case, I guess?) will
fit flat in the bottom.  Dr. Pepper, of course, and be careful what that
does to CoG on that first turn you take!

The thing is bottomless.  On my last road trip, I had:
- -socket set in plastic case
- -spanner set
- -mini 12v air pump
- -flashlight
- -rain gear
- -electric vest
- -1/2 gallon water jug
- -1qt of Mobil 1
- -tarp
- -large spray can of chain lube
- -roll of duct tape
- -hammer
- -roll of trash bags
- -dozen or so PowerBars

essentially, everything in the middle of this picture:
http://sprintst.home.attbi.com/colorado2002/Pages/0.html

in there and I stil had enough room to put my minidisc player, palmpilot
and camerabag in there at stops.

Laters,
Brian
- --