[ST] I've had enough!!!

If you have been following this saga you know that after a very rocky start,
really bad service, and a whole lot of problems my ?00 Sprint ST was in the
shop for a large part of last summer (70 days to be exact).  Triumph eventually
replaced it with an ?01 because my dealer could not get it to run properly.

All well & fine, I picked up the new bike and within a week it?s in the shop,
then in another week it?s in the shop yet again (14 days in the shop before the
end of the riding season)

This spring I had to take it in right away because it has started to run
abnormally rough and it?s blowing oil into the air box.

It sits in the shop for an even 30 days & I get it back just in time to leave
last Monday for a 5 day trip I?ve been planning for some time now.

So?..Monday I get about 150 miles out and it is running like crap again.  Not
wanting to risk making the problem worse I have to stop early as I am only 30
miles past a Triumph Dealer (Sharer Cycle Center in Verona WI) and I?m hoping
they can look at it in the morning and tell me if it?s safe to ride.

Most of Tuesday is spent at Sharer?s where the service manager goes out of his
way to check it out and re-set the CO level etc. etc.  By the time I get back
to the campground it has already reverted to it?s crappy running condition.  I
call Sharer?s and he says go ahead and continue on? it will run a little rough
but won?t do any harm.  I decide to spend another night where I am and
revise/shorten my plans.

Wednesday I started out and in about another 150 miles the clutch cable breaks
in the middle of f&*%ing nowhere!   I  have to spend about 2 hours dicking
around trying to find something to be a clutch cable.  My repair in place but
not safe for the backroads I get on the interstate and head for Minneapolis.  I
can get to Moto Primo in the morning and I?m pretty sure they will have the
part.

The Triumph Tech at Moto Primo graciously drops what he is doing and installs
the new clutch cable for me.  By now it?s about noon and I decide to bag the
trip, visit some friends and family and spend the night there.

Today, Friday, I return home thoroughly disgusted and pi$$ed off with a lovely
freeway vacation courtesy of Triumph Motorcycles Ltd.

I can honestly say that I have never been more frustrated with any other
product in my entire life.  I?m done with it.  Tomorrow I?ll fill out and send
in the lemon law claim, request my money back and never bother Triumph with my
problems again.

I am truly sorry and I know that a great many of you swear by these bikes and
have a great experience, but I will never be able to get on a Triumph product
again without a constant fear that it will fall apart.

Sorry folks but I?ve had enough.  This experience has sucked the fun right out
of the sport for me.

Steve Bergman

2000 & 2001 Sprint ST?s