[ST] CW streetbike of the year article

I just finished reading the Honda World, er, I mean Cycle World article on
the best street bike of 02.  Overall the article was ok but they really
skimmed over the ST.  They dedicated about 1.5 paragraphs to it in which
they complained extensively about the quality of the heated grips.  Heated
grips?  Excuse me, but wasn't the review done in southern California?
You're reviewing for bike of the year and you bitch about a factory option
that has nothing to do with the performance and handling of the bike itself?
Very lame.  They said that the bike suffered from a mushy gearbox and sticky
throttle - not sure what that's all about but not indicative of the bike in
general.  Also, while they say on one hand that they loved the ST in 99 and
voted it sport tourer of the year, it hasn't changed much since then.
So.... It was the best in 99 but now it's not so good?

I don't mind these comparos but at least review the bikes intelligently if
you're going to put them up against each other.  And what's with including
the CBR 600F4 in the mix?  Gee, I wonder which one wins in the twisty
racetrack section?  Is CW a subsidiary of Honda or what?  No doubt the
interceptor is a great bike and may deserve to win this subjective contest.
One thing I found interesting was the description of the VFR's engine.
"..Jekyll and Hyde machine.  ...unintimidating throttle response...high end
commuter special...once above 7000 rpm it ....means business.

The whole reason I chose the Sprint is because I didn't want to have to wind
it up above 7000 before it got serious.  Oh well, maybe it's just my sour
grapes about the ST being snubbed.  That and my best friend, who's in the
process of purchasing the VFR, is rubbing this one in my face.

Scott
01BRG