Re: [ST] Speaking of Heated Grips...

> Subject: [ST] Speaking of Heated Grips...
>
> I've recently noticed that my left heated grip was not so "heated"
anymore.
> I checked the wiring connections, switched 'em out to make sure it wasn't
> electrical.
>
> <Barrage of Questions>
> Anyone else have similar problems or suggestions?  Is there a possibility
> that the heating element on my left grip has died?  If so, where's the
best
> place to get a replacement element, or just one grip?
> </Barrage of Questions>

The heated grips on my '01 ST have the same symptoms as yours -- left grip
feels about half as warm as the right. I discovered the problem right away
after buying it, so I had it in to the dealer who measured the temp on each
side and found the left side 20 degrees F cooler. They replaced the left one
under warranty, and it felt "about right" for a while, but within a month or
two was lukewarm again. I have decided the Triumph hot grips are junk and
decided to live with it, but certainly haven'y forgotten about it ~:(  I may
look into replacing them this Fall, with a non-Triumph part.

- -Rob Keeble
'01 ST/BRG