[ST] Oil consumption poll request

Without going into the gory details of the problems I've had with my
RS for the past year, I'd like to ask the group as a whole what
level of oil consumption is being experienced.  After the bike was
in the shop for three months trying to solve a surging and stalling
problem, it has been returned, but now my oil consumption has gone
from less than a quart in 6000 miles to over 3/4 of a quart in 1300
miles.  I'm being told by the mechanic and Triumph USA that "one
quart in a 1000 miles is normal", which in my mind is BS.  I am
convinced the shop (which shall remain nameless for now) screwed
something up and is trying to cover it up with "normal".

Anyway, I'd appreciate all replies I can get.  In order to not
inundate the list, please reply to me directly and, if there is
interest, I'll sumarize for the list.  Thanks.

The biggest downside of the current situation is that I'm probably
not going to make it to the Western Rallye; I can't see starting off
on a 3000 mile round trip with an uncertainty of maybe having other
problems, not the least of which would be carrying three or four
quarts of oil with me.  :-(

- -Keith
'00 RS