[ST] Re: brakepad mileage and rotors

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian D" <brd@xxxxxxx>
To: <st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 9:36 AM
Subject: brakepad mileage and rotors(Re: [ST] bleeding brakes)

> I forgot to also mention how surprised I to discover my pads did
not
> need replacing yet.  With 20k miles on the bike, I figured it was
> probably time to do them and bought a new set.  When I got the old
ones
> out, I discovered that there was still a bit of depth left in the
wear
> groove, and the total material was just slightly less than half
that of
> a new pad.

The last time my '00 RS was in the shop, I had them check the front
pads and replace them if necessary, as I didn't want to have to
think about it going to/from the western rallye, however after 18000
miles, I still had more than 50% of the material left, so they said
there was no point in replacing them at this time.  I guess I don't
do much hard braking, either.

- -Keith
'00 RS