[ST] mileage (mpg)

I've notice a dramatic reduction in fuel mileage on my
bike since I got it about 16 months ago.  I started
out with the ability to ride for 230 miles or so
before the fuel light would turn on, not it seems to
happen at aprox 200.  My original mileage is right in
line with Triumph's published data on the bike.

Aside from getting the computer tune updated and a new
tire (which is OEM make/model) nothing has changed on
my bike.

As I've said before on this list, the ST is my first
street bike so I'm not familiar with the changes
normal 'wear and tear' can cause.  Can chain/sprocket
wear cause this much of a difference in mileage?