[ST] A little update

I guess I am destined to own this bike if want to or not, and I would want to
if it ran properly.

Two weeks ago while I was on vacation & having problems I stopped at the other
Triumph dealer closest to but not in Milwaukee. As I posted earlier they
stopped what they were doing and had a look,  they also heard my whole story
(the condensed version).  I made an appointment with them to drop the bike off
and they would try to sort it out.  Meanwhile I'm to be without a bike
indefinitely while they work on it.  Their policy is to give loaner bikes to
the customers that bought their bikes from them.(I never got one from the two
different dealers that I recieved my bikes from I certainly didn't expect these
guys to offer that up)  I figured I would just have more ammo to fuel my lemon
law claim.

Two things happened last week.  The complaint letters I sent to Triumph came
back to me "return to sender address unknown" (i think there's a song there) so
I guess they've moved since last year and never let know, all the manufacturers
are the same aren't they? :-).  Then I got a call from the above mentioned
dealer and he said that he had called Triumph NA and talked to them about my
situation and everyone decided that I should have a bike while mine is being
worked on.  So until my ST gets sorted out I have the pleasure of a lovely
black '01 RS with the carbon fiber exhaust & bar risers.  (I like the extra
kick & quicker handling but I miss the clock & the accessory plug)

That's where I'm at.  I need to locate the new address for Triumph NA customer
service because I still want them to know about the problems.  Then I need to
evaluate the next couple of months & decide If I want to pursue the lemon law
claim.  I guess it would be smarter to do that over the winter when I wouldn't
miss having a bike.

As a closing note..the H.O.G. rally here in Milwaukee this weekend is something
else.  I didn't spend too much time on the grounds but the number of Harleys
and the noise is pretty awesome.  By the way H.O.G. makes a big point of
welcoming all bike makes & models to the rally so there were just thousands of
bikes all over the place.  I think it's pretty cool.

Steve Bergman

'01 Sprint ST.