[ST] summer gear?

Hello All,

After lurking for several months, I could use some advice.  My wife and
I have Darien jackets and pants, but find them too hot for about town
riding in the summer.  Do any of you have any experience with summer
gear?  I think we'd like a light, vented (perfed?) jacket and some kind
of light pants.  Both with armor.  Something we can get on quickly ride,
and be able to shop in a fairly conservative area... Oh, Although Susan
is 5'9" and wears a size 6 (or 8) I'm not skinny, so one piece leathers
are not a choice I would want to adopt.

A little about us.  I'm retired after 32 years teaching chemistry at
James Madison University and Susan just finisher her 12th year teaching
in the CIS department in the JMU Business School (and just made full
professor.)  A few yars ago Susan was nearing forty and decided to do
"something exciting."  She wanted to learn to ride.  I used to ride,
but, after an altercation with a Ford at a stop sign a few decades ago,
I stopped.

WE took the MSF course and she started on a Virago 535.  After a year
she wanted a little more bike, but European, after looking at many
bikes, Guizi's BMW's, Duc's, we got a 2000 Sprint ST.  Too big for her,
it fell over a couple times at stop lights and she almost stopped
riding.  Last year I took the Sprint and bought her a new Suzuki SV650,
which she is very happy with.  Since we live in the middle of the
Shenandoah Valley (near Harrisonburg) we have lovely roads to learn on.
We're now comfortable doing 150-200 mile rides.  It's hard for us to do
any more as we have two dogs who can not be left over about 6 or 7
hours.

Cheers, and Thanks for letting me lurk and learn!

Frank