[ST] stock ugly fender vs. Skyking license and signal assembly

John King wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [...] We are very proud
> to offer item 23 license plate and turn signal
> indicator ASSY for 4"x7" license plates. [...]

i purchased this item when i ordered a set of their sliders.
haven't installed the sliders yet, as i'm contemplating
having the mounting arms powdercoated to match my RS's
black frame.

i did, however, find a two hour window yesterday while my
daughter was napping, and chopped off my big ugly rear fender.

installation was a breeze. the instructions are clear and
have a few pictures to help. if you look at john's website,
you'll see that the signal brackets are adjustable for
longer or shorter signal stalks. since i was re-using the
stock signals, but wanted a tighter cluster, i reversed
the brackets. the result is my normally 3" signals extend
about an inch past the license plate on either side.

the safety-nut in me is anxious to replace those three
reflectors i just sent to the landfill, but i think all
the reflective strips on my 'stitch should suffice ;)

	- al.
- --
       /\ _
      /  \ \    al bailey