[ST] for Chris: closed passes

 >>> It's the middle of June, for cryin' out loud! The roads around
Mt. St. Helens should be all clear by now. <<<

    Don't feel alone, friend;... the passes over the Sierra Nevada
(Ebbett's, Sonora and Sherman) had been opened but were closed again
by drifted snow during a storm a couple weeks ago.  A buddy of mine
from Boston was astonished to find himself riding over Carson Pass
with me in snow and sleet at the end of May!  It took a day and a
half for the storm to go through and I'm not sure if the passes have
reopened yet (we spent the rest of the trip in the desert).  =8o(

                                         ol t-bone

         'Rides with screwdriver in back pocket!'   - - - o%\o