Re: [ST] Help w/Oil Filter!!!

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 10:49:52PM -0500, Tom Emberson wrote:

> Grab the correct oil filter nut thing, I think the filters are size U,
> or H, anyway take the new filter to Pep boys for sizing. Now drill a
> pilot hole in the side of the oil nut/socket/wrench onto the old filter
> in question. Then completely screw a sheet metal/self taping screw
> through the pilot hole into the filter and tighten.

I think the filter wrench was size G.

> It works, Manuel and Brian where amazed when we first tried it on
> Brian's bike.
>
> Manuel was ready with a 3lb sledge and a screw driver, Brian was
> obviously very nearvous!

Hey, nervous, not me.  I was just imagining the mess it was going to
make when we pounded the BFScrewdriver through it.

Anyway, it worked great.  Then, I put the new one on hand tight.  6k
later (last week), I was able to remove it by hand.  Imagine that!

<rant mode>

My bike will never have the oil changed by a dealer again.  I only let
them do it that time because it was the 12k service.  In fact, if I have
it my way, my baby never goes back to a dealer for any kind of service.
I only had the 12k done so they could do the valves.  If Tom reports all
is well with his new valve tool, I'm going that route myself.

</rant mode>

Laters,
Brian
- --