Re: [ST] Foggy's Bike

On Wednesday, June 12, 2002, at 02:47  pm, Daniel Miller wrote:

> Ok, I'm intrigued by the foggy bike. What does Reverse Parallel Triple
> mean, how is that different than my Triumph Triples?
>
> Prairie Dawg

It refers to the head being backwards, i.e. it's like a Triumph except
the inlets and exhausts are the other way round.

People used to do this on Triumph twins to try to get some air boost,
probably just resulted in overheated exhaust valves.

With a liquid cooled engine that shouldn't have been a problem and it
may make things easier for packaging. The airbox could occupy the area
right behind the steering head and feed into near vertical inlets.

See: http://202.186.124.145/petmos/RND/RnD_Engine_GP1.asp for pics when
it was still scheduled for GP-1.

Dave