Re: [ST] Suspension setup / Odd engine behaviour

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 08:50:03PM +1000, Bill and Julie Wilkin wrote:
> The engine on the other hand decided today that it wasn't going
> to idle! I started it at work this afternoon and it just wouldn't
> idle, got me home ok, ran well etc but would cut out going into
> corners. First thing i did was check the archives where i found
> that a few other owners have had the same problem, cured by simply
> turning the ignition off and on again. Tried that and it seems to have
> worked. So has anyone worked out what causes this? I'm assuming it's
> the computer as the ignition is probably resetting it? Can i expect
> this sort of behaviour frequently? The embarrasing side to this was
> that i'd just thrown down the gauntlet to my mate on his Hayabusa! I
> know i didn't have a hope but this just made it worse.  By the way,
> i've finished modifying the seat and removed approx an inch of foam
> from the front section, much more comfy!

Some sort of computer glitch.  Happened once on my bike recently after I
got it.  Hasn't happened again in the 11k miles since.  Only thing is
that it seems more likely to happen at inopportune times--I was talking
to a coworker as we were leaving the office, and the bike stumbled and
died.

Pretty convenient, in your case.  Your friend on the Busa probably
thought you were making up excuses, though.  :b

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)