RE: [ST] Skill question on "Tank slap" (Brake Loss)

I've had a full lock to lock tank slap on my ST. I was accelerating over
some damaged bitumen and the front must have got knocked off line or
something. The bars went lock to lock about 4 or 5 times at about 80km/h. It
was a bit exciting but luckily I stayed on the power and rode it out. Not
the sort of thing I'd like to repeat though.

The brakes stop working for a few pumps of the lever after a tank slap
because the front end is swinging back and forth so violently it causes the
pots to retract into the callipers. It only takes a few pumps of the lever
to get them working again but if you forget and come charging into the next
corner after a bad tank slap you can get caught out.

Phil
'02 S3