[ST] Re: New RS.S

> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:24:57 -0700
> From: don draper <donnydogood@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] for Antony - New RS.S due in 2003/4
>
>  >>> good pictures and description of the new RS.S model due out in
> 2003/4, plus an interview with Carlo Talamo, the Italian Triumph
> dealer largely responsible for creating the pre-production prototype
> from the existing Sprint RS. The prototype is purely a cosmetic and
> styling change to the existing RS <<<
>
>     Please comfort me;... tell me it still has the half-fairing!
> (And maybe factory hard bags?)  It'll be about time for me to trade.
>
>                                            doggydoo

The front fairing is more a 1/3rd or bikini fairing - e.g. the top of the
cylinder block is exposed.
At the back it is much thinner than the current panelling.
No mention of hard bags. It still has an adjustable exhaust, so I don't see
why not.

Ross Clifford - Triumph's export manager, is quoted as saying "I should
stress this isn't a replacement for the existing RS, which has a great core
market consisting of customers who want to go touring with it - this is a
supplement. It will definitely get built for sale in a form pretty close to
the way you see it now, probably at least 2 years from now - the fire has
had zero impact on product development, but this is just one of several
models we have in the pipeline. We'll be very interested to know what MSL's
reader reaction is to the bike now they can see it for themselves, and to
know if they want us to put it into production sooner rather than later, and
if they'd like us to develop more bikes like this".

End of st-digest V2002 #337