[ST] Bridgestones

Ken wrote:

> I had been through 3 sets of BT-020's in 24,000 miles. Good
tire, decent
> grip, best rain tire I've ever ridden on (still). Obviously, I
averaged
> 8,000 miles per set.

I like most characteristics of my recently-installed BT020's.
There's no question they inspire more confidence than  my
previous favorites, Dunlop's D205.  I now scrub the rear all the
way to the edge & my riding mates are commenting on my improved
skills.

My concern is the tendancy for the bike to stand up and run wide
under trail braking.  Yesterday, while riding the gloriously
twisty back roads on the east side of Mt. St. Helens, I had
several incidents where what looked like a moderate sweeper,
turned out to be much tighter.  Usually this no big deal.  Just
scrub off some speed with the brakes & accelerate through the
turn.  With the 020, it's troubling to have to fight the bike
back on line & then have it tuck in once the brake is released.

Before I swap out the front for a BT010, is there a way to dial
this out?  For example, will tire pressures make a difference?
If it matters, I was running stock pressures (36/42), my riding
weight (before lunch) is ~180 lbs and the bike did not exhibit
these characteristics with the D205's.

Question for those who run BT010's;  How many miles (kms) do you
get from the front tire?

TIA,
- -Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST