Re: [ST] recommends on GPS units...........

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Charlie McCullough wrote:

> Never used one before but getting ready to take a long trip (Georgia to
> Colorado and back) to do some riding. Anyone want to recommend a GPS unit?
> I don't want to drag along lots of paper maps. I figure a decent GPS will
> show me maps (as well as tell me where I am). Never felt the need for one
> before but I think for contemplated trip I could justify.

I've got an emap, so for very much like it. Fits nicely on the
right side of the top tripple clamp.

It will not replace paper maps though. It is great for figuring out how
much further to the next gas stop. You will almost never miss a turn,
and it is the most accurate trip meter/speedometer you will get. But there
is nothing like a paper map to get the general idea of what route to
take. There is only so much information you can cram into 320x200 (or such)

IMHO, YMMV of course

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500