Re: [ST] Static Sag [was:Racetech, Ohlins, and L.A. Freeways]

> . . . I haven't measured my sag, but I weigh 190,
> ride with the bags on, and if memory serves (it's been a few
months
> since I adjusted), I've got both the front and rear set to the
> recommended "firm" settings, but not the two-up settings.

Jim,

Generally speaking, static sag settings can be pretty subjective.
One riders preferences can seem overly stiff to another.  Suggest
you increase the rear preload a couple of clicks at a time
followed by a ride over the same strech of road, until the
pogo-ing goes away.  If you get it too stiff, the rear will get
very harsh & possibly step out a bit in bumpy turns.  There
probably isn't a complete cure for this type of road surface, tho
the best I've ridden was Ohlins-equipped.

FYI:
  - The preload is adjusted through the hole in the left side of
the frame above the shifter.  I carry an 1/4-drive, 8mm socket,
ratchet & 6" extension in my tankbag for this purpose, tho a 6"
blade slot screwdriver works too.
  - 1 full turn of the adjuster = 2 clicks.
  - Make only one adjustment at a time & keep notes.
  - Once you get the rear set up, you'll may want to play with
the front.

Good luck,
- -Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST