Re: [ST] Static Sag [was:Racetech, Ohlins, and L.A. Freeways]

With all due respect.. Pogoing is caused by lack of rebound damping.( on
the ST it's adjusted at the bottom of the shock by a small inset screw
about 1 to 1.5 turns out, from full in, is about right) Also sag settings
are not truly subjective, yes too much spring preload will make the bike
too stiff , keep in mind that ST's and RS's as delivered are setup with a
13.5 appx kg spring rear and a .75 kg in the front  that's about correct
for a 180 lb rider. The accepted amount of race sag, or loaded sag that's
with a rider aboard is 1/4 to 1/3 of available travel  the ST has 120mm of
rear travel and 127mm of front travel. 35mm of race sag or about 1.5 inches
is a very good starting point.. And FWIW I wouldn't go anymore than 1/3
...  35mm is about perfect for the street.

Erik