Re: [ST] Air box mod??????

In regards to an airbox mod on the RS I have done a simple mod.  I saw that
the snorkels are mounted right behind the radiator.  On the RS if you look
in the airbox you will see a metal plate with a hole cut in it to permit
airflow to the throttle bodies.  I felt that I should remove this plate as
it is a restriction for airflow.  I found about 3-4 screws that hold the
airbox together would not release from the nut inserts, so I cut a couple of
holes in the top of the airbox.  I believe if you go to the T-5 net and
check under airbox mods they did the same thing.  Since I cut the holes in
my airbox I found the performance is more immediate, and the growl that the
bike makes now is sweet.