[ST] help with Throttlemeister

I recently received and began installation of a Throttlemeister for my ST.
However, I don't think I have it installed correctly.

It doesn't appear to fit correctly when the smaller of the two inner spacers
is installed: the brass piston is a good 1/2" from the friction sleeve if I
include the small inner spacer.

Without the inner spacer and using a couple of washers, I can get the piston
to engage the friction sleeve, but the Throttlemeister goes through about
two complete revolutions from "completely off" to "engaged" and this doesn't
seem right either.

I'd be most grateful for tips from those who have successfully installed and
adjusted a Throttlemeister on an ST....how many spacers, washers, etc....and
how many turns it takes to go from "off" to "on" when correctly
installed....

Thanks,
Colin
'00 Sprint ST