Re: Protective Clothing

Hi all,

I will second the recent motion about wearing protective gear even in the
heat.  Last Sunday I took my wife on her third ride with me on the RS.  After
some beautiful miles through some curving road in Western Washington we were
heading home on a two lane road at a leisurely 45 mph.  I noticed a small
graying blur and felt a thump on my upper arm.  My wife also got struck on
the forearm...by a small bird.  I have had birdstrikes in USAF planes I flew
in my previous life, but never on a bike.  Birds have more mass than bugs.
Beware.

Steve Knudsen
00 RS - Lucifer Orange