[ST] 1999-2001 Variations

Hey folks,

Sorry if this is redundant but I am new to the Sprint ST list and I am
trying to learn more before I commit.

I am contemplating buying a 1999-2001 Sprint ST and am curious if there were
any modifications of the bike during this time period or if a 1999 is the
same as a 2001.  I understand the 2002 has a stronger motor configuration,
but it is out of my budget being 'new'.

What are the best and necessary modifications?  Windscreen?  Seat?
Suspension bits?   I intend to put an aftermarket topcase on it and hope to
find one with the OEM sidebags.  An underseat exhaust also seems nifty if
the noise is not overwhelming.

If you were to buy the bike again,  would you so the same?  Any major
foibles?

Is there anything that I should ask about or look at from a potential seller
that might set off red flags?

Oh yeah, and what does an eccentric chain adjuster do?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Feel free to reply to me directly as well as the group so that I can look at
direct responses more quickly (read that I am antsy!)

Steve Long
Sacramento, CA

End of st-digest V2002 #362