[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #362

RE: Windscreens

Sreve,
I bought my BRG '01 ST in January as a new bike for which I traded my
trusted '96 Trophy.  Much as I really liked the ST during demo rides, I
didn't like the sensation that my Arai helmet was pushed against my face at
speed, so I ordered a Triumph taller screen which the dealer installed
before I took delivery.  I found this to be much better and also had no
turbulence, unlike with 3 different screens on my Trophy.  I recently
switched back to the stock screen because of hot weather, and it is fine
for speeds of up to 75mph.  As I like to tour in the 80 - 100mph range,
however, I've found that I get tremendous neck-strain and headache after a
longish ride that has prompted me to refit the taller screen.  Hope this
helps.
Paul.