RE: [ST] 1999-2001 Variations

What are the best and necessary modifications?  Very subjective - I've
added:

Factory CF can
Solo seat cowl
18t front sprocket
K&N air filter
Sigma bike computer (on order)

I think the only significant changes from 99 to 01 are fixes to most of the
early production glitches.  The 02 does have the reworked 955i engine, but
that wasn't enough to entice the extra $ out of me.  You can get some killer
deals on brand new 01 ST's and RS's right now (should be able to pick one up
for < $9500 out the door)

Windscreen? - not required IMO
Seat? - stock seat seems great to me but I haven't ridden more than 2 hours
straight yet
Suspension bits? - a case can be made for upgrading suspension, but depends
on how you like to ride

I intend to put an aftermarket topcase on it and hope to
find one with the OEM sidebags.  An underseat exhaust also seems nifty if
the noise is not overwhelming. - underseat exhaust looks cool but I'm sure I
would spend the $ for the aesthetics

If you were to buy the bike again,  would you so the same?  In a heartbeat -
best bike I've ever owned (it's my 5th)

Any major
foibles?  Not really.

Is there anything that I should ask about or look at from a potential seller
that might set off red flags? Just normal motorcycle wear and tear, check
tires, sprocket teeth, etc.
Scott
01 BRG