[ST] 04 Daytona - Hayabusa killer?

Just read an article in CW talking about a rumored ZX-12R-beater that
Triumph is working on.

>From CW:

"Per overseas reports, the proposed hot-rod, which is currently in the clay
mockup phase, will be fully faired, feature an updated aluminum frame and
displace 1275cc from and all new, fuel-injected inline-Four - yes, Four.
Hoped-for output at the crankshaft is 180 horsepower, with a
pavement-gobbling top speed in the same, very exclusive neighborhood as that
of the 186mph ZX.  The same engine will likely also power the
next-generation Trophy sport-tourer.  On road testing is scheduled to
commence later this year."

Scott
01 BRG ST