[ST] Honest opinions please

Ok, for anyone that has followed all of my whining, I would like your honest
opinion of the response I received after outlining my history & sending it to
TOA customer service.

I wrote to them a pretty detailed account of how due to a constant barrage of
seemingly trivial defects I had lost well over four months of time while my
bike was in the shop (in the two years since I bought it). I recounted all of
the many vacation trips & plans that were essentially canceled & all the time &
energy I've expended hauling the thing back & forth to the dealer at least once
or twice a month/week etc. etc. I finished by stating that one of my least
popular courses of action was to file a lemon law claim. (I'm guessing that
their laywers have decided I don't have valid basis for this)

I recieved a quick offhanded two paragraph response that said:

"the minor repairs that have been recently done to your motorcycle while being
annoying, are not the type I would consider a large manufacturers defect" (what
does that have to do with anything? I never contended that they were)

"The rough running of the engine is either a set up mistake performed by the
dealer, or just normal operation that is inherent in a triple cylinder
engine....it might be that you are unfamiliar with the sound a Triple motor
will make."  (then why did they keep it and work on it for two months at a time
and then replace it?)

"I would ride your motorcycle, and build confidence in the Triumph name"  (what
the hell do they think I've been trying to do for two years?)

That's it, there really was no other content.

Any comment would be appreciated.

BTW all of my complaints of abnormal operation were diagnosed and confirmed by
Triumph authorized service techincians.

Steve Bergman

'01 Sprint ST (the confidence builder)

P.S. It runs great right now!  I had almost forgotten how smooth it really is.