Re: [ST] Honest opinions please

Steve:  I believe that you got a sort of form letter.. The person writing
it either didn't know about the previous problems or worse yet didn't care
:-(  If I were you I'd make a copy of the letter you received from customer
service and send that along with a copy of the original letter to Mike
Vaughn the CEO of Triumph America. I would make sure to send it Registered
/ Certified mail, to him directly ( so that he does read it!) I'll bet you
get a very different response.. I would also add a cover letter in effect
asking " Is this how I should be treated??" Don't make it an angry letter
but a questioning letter, and if there is something specific that you think
Triumph should do for you than spell that out too. Also I'd wait a week or
two before sending it since I believe he is doing the Triumph Ride Across
America and you don't want it sitting around and maybe getting lost in the
shuffle, also you don't want to send it and have it arrive the day he gets
back to work cause I'd imagine he'll be real busy.. Anyway good luck.FWIW,
In the past when I had a major problem with a BMW Dealer I was able to get
the President of  Motorcycle sales for BMW NA 's private secretary on the
phone.. Had my problem that had been getting ignored by the Dealer
Principal, and the Regional Sales Manager  for 2 weeks taken care off in
less than 2 hours!  Amazing what the big cheese's can do when they KNOW
about a customer service problem.

Erik

At 12:09 PM 6/29/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Ok, for anyone that has followed all of my whining, I would like your honest
>opinion of the response I received after outlining my history & sending it to
>TOA customer service.

>Steve Bergman
>
>'01 Sprint ST (the confidence builder)
>
>P.S. It runs great right now!  I had almost forgotten how smooth it really is.

End of st-digest V2002 #366