Re: [ST] Honest opinions please

Steve, it would appear you got a form letter from someone who didn't
even read yours closely.  If you really want them to hear you, I would
go with something similar to Erik's suggestion and send a letter by
Priority Mail to the CEO, discussing the situation and including copies
of your original letter and the response you got from customer service.
 I would also send the same package, also by priority mail, to the VP or
Director of Customer Service if there is one (or someone with a similar
title or responsibility for this department - look at the exec bios to
figure out who the right people are), in a separate package.  A Priority
Mail package costs $3.50, and it really gets someone's attention.  This
strategy works at least some of the time (it has worked for me
recently).  However, before you spend any more of your own time or money
on this, what kind of response do you really want or expect from them?

 -- Jim in Redlands

End of st-digest V2002 #367