[ST] Bits & pieces

Since I awoke to accumulating snow this morning I decided to start adding
some of the bits I had accumulated for the '02 Sprint ST I have now.

Everything was going fine until I went to put in the Eaglite Plasma Zenon
"white" bulbs I got.  I got the left one in and did a comparision, that's the
bluest white I've ever seen, plus it doesn't seem to be any brighter,
grrrrrr.  As I was considering this I looked at the bulb I had just taken
out, now I don't know if I'm reading this right but it is a Philips H4 12342
bulb.  I found the packaging for the Philips Vision Plus bulbs I got for the
'99 and they show a H4 12342 VP designation.  So my question is, are these
the same bulbs?  I don't have any Vision Plus bulbs to compare the naming on
the ring to confirm this, but they do seem to be an improvement over the
Osrams that came out of the '99(which were in the Vision Plus package, heh)
2nd oddity to happen, I got the Jack Lilley carbon fiber hugger in place.
But the brake line channel won't go back on because the screws out of the
stock chain guard are a size too big to go into the Lilley piece.  Double
grrrr.  I'll have to slosh out later(or tommorow) to the hardware store to
see if I can dig something up.  Other than that it went right in, er, after I
took the rear brake master cylinder loose to give enough slack in the line to
fit the new chain guard under it.
I am happy to report the old Daytona shifter swap works the same on the '02
as it does on the '99, but I have to use a '02 Daytona piece to get the
shifter back where I'm used too.  So if anyone would like to give this mod a
try I could probably be convinced to sell the old one for about 1/2 retail.
E-mail direct for details and arrangements.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen