Re: [ST] Skyking Frame Sliders

original message:
>From: Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I don't get
>the point of frame sliders.

The "real" point of installing frame sliders, IMHO, is not for those serious
low-sides, damage is gonna occur no matter what. They ARE valuable in low
speed, no-speed tipovers (you know, like for forgetting to put your
kickstand down).  In these cases they keep the plastic safe from scratches
and gouges.  I recently dropped my ST at less than 5mph (don't ask).  And
ended up with a $300.00 side panel scratched to hell.  Had I spent $80.00 on
sliders before then (they are on order now).  Then I would not be out the
cost of the panel, or the cost of the deductible.  Don't know about you, but
I have a $250.00 deductible, many of y'all have a $500.00 deduct to keep
premium's down.
And, you know, your insurance rates go up, when you start making claims.
Sometimes it's better to not make a small claim and keep your rates low. So
for me, sliders are cheap insurance, for my insurance.  :]

STeve Duncan
"Loco Dawg"
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite
Dallas, Tx