[ST] Re: Fastest Color

  Also known as the color thread that would not die.
  I'll give you all my two cents, and after you hear my reasoning, I
chalenge anyone to offer better logic.
  White is the fastest color, although I don't think that I would want a
white ST (or RS, for that matter).
  Why is white the fastest color?...  The answer is actually specific to
the Triumph Sprint, as that is the color of the plastic underneath the
paint.  If you remove the paint, you are left with a white (okay,
slightly off white) bike.  With the paint removal, comes a loss of
weight, and, consequently, more speed, which means WHITE IS FASTEST!  If
you feel that the weight of the paint is negligible, go to the hardware
store and pick up a gallon sometime.  BTW, that is also why the liquid
fuel tank on the Space Shuttle is bare primer, but that would be getting
WAY off topic.

Wes
2001 RS in Racing Yellow (not the fastest, but I like it anyway)

End of st-digest V2002 #137