[ST] Re: Fastest Colour

I'll take up that challenge.

Colour perception is wholly dependent on there being light available.  The
perception of white comes from the full spectrum of light being reflected
from the 'white' surface and back into your eye. Light is made up of
photons, all of which have a weight. Thus, a 'white' bike, reflecting as it
does, all the photons that make up the light spectrum, is having billions
and billions of little collisions with the photons as they bounce off the
surface of the paintwork and back to your eye. Lots of little collisions
means minute changes in the bikes velocity (albeit immesurable).

Conversely, a red bike, absorbing everything but the photons which make up
the red in the colour spectrum, is having less collisions and therefore
maintains a higher velocity (again, immesurably).

Ponder for a moment, that in the pitch black of night, there are no light
photons - therefore no colours. One would argue then, that it's the bike
that has 'no colour' which is the fastest. Furthermore, since you can't read
the stopwatch in the pitch black, I can shave seconds off my time and you
won't be any the wiser.

Darryl.