[ST] '02 discussion(was: a short intro and a few questions)

>2)  The Sagem computer stayed, but Keihin now makes the throttle bodies.
>Indeed I also have noticed a bit of a hunt at idle(I also am running the
>Triumph 'race can' on the '02).

as a new owner of an '02 ST with race can (and will likely never state
its color or play in the color perception squacking)   I've noticed that
the hunt at idle can also coincide with very occasional off idle
stumbling.  I haven't enough miles in a pre '02 to state that it is
"bad."    We need a few more data points to cite this as an issue.
- -----
I have noticed something different when I crack the throttle occationally,
but it feels more like a catch in the throttle turn on mine.
- -------------
>4)  I have found the handling to be the same, but my impression is tainted
as
>I had the front forks filled with Race Tech cartride emulators, thicker
oil,
>and stiffer rate springs to match the feel of the same modifications I had
>done to the '99.

I haven't opted for emulators (yet).  I haven't had a chance to do any
canyon strafing (this is a few months away).  My slightly light 150 lb
chassis found the stock suspension quite fine for backroad jaunts.  I am
sure a trackday will change this opinion...  but..  I doubt that I will
change much as the ST is my long haul machine not my track/race bike.
 but, steve, I am curious..  details man:  fork oil wt (and how much),
spring rate and how much do you have rider sag set?
- -- ---
Fork weight should be 15 wt, spring rate of .95, & 2.5 turns(if I remember
correctly) on the emulators.  Remember I'm 200lbs without riding gear.
These were the values that Race Tech determined on my last bike, and nothing
has really changed.  I'll admit I had the dealer do this mod for me before I
picked up the bike.  I found following Race Tech's suggestions for their
standard settings didn't make the ride so harsh it shortened my touring
range.  Rider sag?  Er, yeah, that thing.  I haven't gotten around to it.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen