[ST] oops!!! need some advice

I just received my final parts to piece my RS back
together after a little run in with some deer last
fall.  To make a long story short I need to know the
best way to fix a broken tab I snapped off.  It is the
one next to the head light that holds the side panel
to the cockpit fairing .  They sent me the wrong
well-nut which is just a brass treaded piece of rubber
to pull the two pieces together.  I tried to make it
work now I am pissed at myself that I just screwed up
a brand new $450 piece of plastic.  I know there has
to be a way to fix it. It doesn't have to be pretty
because the repair will not be seen.  I just need the
tab to be strong enough to pull the two pieces
together and hold them.  Thanks.
Chris Brant
00 lucifer orange RS (Lola)