[ST] Installated Frame Slider & Daytona Shifter

Took a few hours today to install both.  The sliders took about 2 hrs, I
managed to get the right side on without removing the faring panel but it
was a bitch.  The right side required removal of the panel, no other way,
too tight.  In hindsight I shoulda removed the right side as well, 'cause it
actually took LESS time on the left.  Pennywise, pound foolish. :]

John King from SkyKing Products sent me both a long and short slider for the
left side for comparison.  I can report that the longer unit is definitely
the way to go.  both sides protrude about 2 inchs from the bodywork.
Perfect.  The looks are a subjective issue, but to me they are pretty
unobtrusive, maybe even a little "racy" looking.  But I will absolutely say
this;  If I would've had these installed before my 5mph tip over I "would
NOT" have had any panel damage.  It is obvious when looking at the touched
up area in relation to the slider.  I hope not to repeat the "test", but I
have complete confidence if that should occur.  And I will also say that
looking at the slider in relation to where my leg is, they will definitely
provide protection there as well.  Remember, they stick out 2" past the
bodywork.  My leg is actually inside the bodywork's furtherest extension.  I
would estimate that these units actually provide about 4 to 5 inches of
space for your foot/ankle in the event of a lowside.  I like that.  I have
had lowsides that I actually got on top of the bike and rode it like a
surfboard.  Definitely don't want my leg pinned under 500 lbs of grinding
plastic and metal.  Bikes can be replaced.

The shifter was a much simpler operation (thanks again "Dirty" one).
A simple 5 minute operation and it's on.  Then another 10 min's of fine
tuning to get it in just the right position.  I will say this,  if you don't
have Frankenstein feet, get this mod!  Ohmygawd,  it feels like a totally
different tranny!  Solid, tight shifts!  What a concept.  After 1yr - 10
mo's, I guess I just got resigned to the vague and long shifting.  No more,
this sucker now is just, "click" and it's there dude.  I may get faster yet
(sorry, Rude, Bird, Tom, Mito, Brian, ect....)

I must say that every time a install a new do-dad I get a renewed intense
respect for this machine.  Does it really look "that good"?  And does it
really run "that fast"?  Hot damn, it's like a brand new bike to
me......once again!!!!

STeve Duncan
"Loco Dawg"
'00 -ST, Black as Nite