[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #168

In a message dated 3/23/02 9:57:24 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< bit of bending of the Dispenser assembly (it has a piece of wire in it to
retain the shape) had the end of the tube just above the chain about 5mm
from the sprocket teeth. >>

I started out with my dispenser just in front of the where the chain meets
the sprocket, and found that lubrication of the brake disc (only 4" from the
sprocket) resulted. I then extended the delivery tube so that it dripped on
the left side (or
 outside) of the chin about 1/2" behind where the chain meets the sprocket.
This is the way the Scottoiler instructions show it in their illustration,
and the sprocket should minimise splashing to the disc. Even though the oil
is applied  only to one side of the chain, it readily passes to the other
side by capillary action.
I put my oil resevoir just in fron of the left side of the licence plate
attaching it with zip ties  (bracket not needed) to the plastic mudguard
(fender) after boring 2 small holes in the plastic. In this position it is
inconspicuous, but easy to inspect and replenish without removinhg the seat
or fairing. Dave Collins, San Diego